Spring is in the air - March 24, 2010

We have had an amazing last few weeks here - an early spring that is especially sweet after the last two winters that seemed unending. The daffodils are poking through as are a few other perennials. We've been sitting on the deck for the last several weeks with temperatures of +5 C and up to +12 C of late! And what does that make me want to do? get out in the garden and spring clean the house. The spring air has bewitched me though and left me feeling stronger than I really am. Can I lift a couch with one hand and vacuum underneath it with the other? of course I can. NOT. It has been one week since I thought I could and even now I dropped the laundry basket like a hot potato after carrying it a few feet down the hall. Nothing like a sharp muscle spasm to remind me to take it easy and now I am back to scuttling about like a hermit crab.

What I wanted to do well over a week ago was post some photos of the garden as the first plants began to poke tentatively through the earth, a celebration of this early and long awaited spring (Baby Breeze's very first spring!) but my back didn't cooperate. Finally this morning I was able to take some pictures. Below are daffodils, irises and one lone poppy (thankfully I raked the day before I hurt myself but as you can see there is a lot more work that needs to be done).  I intend to post photos of the garden as it changes flourishes over the next few months (if it gets the TLC it needs). For a sneak peek of what's ahead see my post from Jan 19th below.

No comments: