Monday Morning - January 5, 2010

So the baby (Breeze)  was more interested in Ginger the Cat this morning than her oatmeal cereal (but not enough to stop her from removing her bib repeatedly) and definitely not more than her sippy cup of water. The result? an unfed sopping wet baby and wasted bowl of cereal. Then my preschooler soaked her head with water (nothing out of the ordinary there) so her bangs stay off her face. I offered her a barrett which she allowed me to put in her hair but it wasn't working, so I tried blow drying her hair to keep it off her face. Not overly successful, back to the "bed head" which is what you and I would call a head band, but somewhere along the line she considered her hair to be too messy and had her first meltdown of the morning.

The husband, Hunter,  is back to work after the holidays, the drywall men are here and the furnace man is expected any time now. Just as the baby was nodding off, they arrived, as announced by my dogs to the entire neighbourhood - strike one for the nap. Second try for the nap and that is when the drywall men decided to start their banging ( they're at the point of sanding today so what the heck are they banging anyway?) - strike two.

I am looking forward to tomorrow, after the holidays the baby and I will have the house to ourselves. Drywall men will finally be gone, it's been a few weeks now that they have lived in my basement. My preschooler is back to daycare. The house will be quiet but not clean. With the entire basement cleared for drywalling, we are tripping over toys, coats, boxes, books, tools, you name it, it's up here. I am not complaining though, this is a dream come true for me to finally have the basement renovations underway! More space.... at least until we fill it with all those toys, coats, boxes, books, and tools!

No comments: